PreHeat the oven to 425º. Bake at 425º for 15 minutes then bake at 350º for 30 minutes more.
CRUST - Bottom (See below for Top Crust instructions)
~ 2 cups of Arnel's Originals All Purpose Flour and Pie Crust Mix
~ 1/2 cup softened butter (salted,) or healthy margarine, or coconut oil ( add 1/4 teaspoon sea salt)
~ 1 lg egg slightly beaten
~ 1 - 2 Tablespoons of water if needed
• Combine with a fork so the mixture is crumbly
• Add egg to crumbly mixture. It should now hold together. If it doesn't, add 1 Tablespoon water.
• Gather a bit more than half the dough mixture and place it in your pie pan.
• With waxed paper on top of the dough, press into your pie pan, spreading the dough evenly on the bottom and sides and fluting the edges to make it look appealing. (As an alternative, you could roll the dough between two pieces of waxed paper, peel one piece off, carefully flip the crust into the pie tin, peel off the second piece and press the dough into the pan. Don't be concerned that the pie crust has broken into pieces. It is very forgiving in the raw state and will connect well with its parts. )
• Pierce bottom of crust with a fork, making several air holes.
CRUST - Top
• Between two pieces of waxed paper, roll out remaining dough in a circle, about one inch larger in diameter than the top rim of the pie pan. Set aside.
APPLE PIE FILLING
~ 8 cups of thinly sliced apples, peeled and pared (About 6 tart apples)
(If your apples are of a sweet variety like Delicious, add a tablespoon of lemon juice)
~ 1 cup sugar
~ 1/4 cup Arnel's Originals All Purpose Flour
~ 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
~ 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
~ dash of sea salt
• Mix these ingredients together and pour into the raw pie crust
• Top the mixture with 3 Tablespoons of butter, margarine, or coconut oil
And now for the TOP CRUST
• Carefully peel one sheet of waxed paper off of the top crust and gently flip the exposed side onto the Apple Pie Filling.
• Pinch the top and bottom crusts together and place on the bottom rack of the oven.
Bake at 425º for 15 minutes.
Then turn the heat down to 350º and bake for 30 to 35 minutes more.