Our local health food store would order 95 of them each year and they sold out in a couple of days.
One Perfectly flakey 9" Pie Crust from Arnel's Originals All Purpose Flour
~ 1 cup of Arnel's Originals All Purpose Flour and Pie Crust Mix
~ 1/4 cup softened butter (salted,) or healthy margarine, or coconut oil ( add 1/4 teaspoon sea salt)
~ 1/2 lg egg slightly beaten
~ 1 - 2 Tablespoons of water if needed
• Combine with a fork so the mixture is crumbly
• Add egg to crumbly mixture. It should now hold together. If it doesn't, add 1 Tablespoon water.
• Gather a bit more than half the dough mixture and place it in your pie pan.
• With waxed paper on top of the dough, press into your pie pan, spreading the dough evenly on the bottom and sides and fluting the edges to make it look appealing. (As an alternative, you could roll the dough between two pieces of waxed paper, peel one piece off, carefully flip the crust into the pie tin, peel off the second piece and press the dough into the pan. Don't be concerned that the pie crust has broken into pieces. It is very forgiving in the raw state and will connect well with its parts. )
• Pierce bottom of crust with a fork, making several air holes.
PUMPKIN PIE FILLING
Mix until blended:
~ 2 eggs
~ 1 cup sugar
~ 1 can pumpkin (2 cups or 15 oz)
~ 12 oz (1-1/4 cups) coconut milk (or any thicker non-dairy milk substitute)
~ 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
~ 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
~ 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
~ 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• Pour mixture into raw pie crust and bake 15 minutes at 425º
• Then lower temp. to 350º and bake 45 minutes longer (knife inserted in the center will come out clean)
• Cool Pumpkin Pie completely
• Decorate with TruWhip, swirls of icing, sprinkle cinnamon or cloves, etc.