Sunday, November 2, 2014

Waffles

What makes waffles brown and crispy on the outside is sugar in the batter.
What makes these waffles amazing is their whole-grain goodness without sugar.
The waffles made from this fluffy nutty pancake/waffle mix, are delicious, nutritious, and perfectly cooked but not brown.

When I travel and find myself at a hotel with a breakfast buffet sporting a waffle maker, I am thrilled. They are usually the non-stick kind of waffle makers, which leads itself to perfectly easy cleaning. I wipe the unit free of wheat batter with a napkin and an eagle-eye and then prepare my batter.

WAFFLES for 2 people
1 cup Arnel's originals Pancake and Waffle Mix
2 eggs
1/2 to 2/3 water (keep the batter on the thick side)
    I mix all ingredients in a cereal bowl
    I wait till the waffle maker is real hot and then pour in my batter. I flip the waffle maker and wait until the timer buzzes, and then give it one minute more. Viola! A perfectly delicious gluten free waffle.

You can mix in a mashed banana, handful of nuts, chocolate chips, etc.

Top with syrup, honey, fruit, or anything your imagination comes up with.

Here is a photo of an actual waffle I made at a hotel in Sedona, AZ


No comments:

Post a Comment