Monday, July 30, 2012

ZUCCHINI BREAD

As is with all of my recipes, this is free of gluten, dairy, corn, and soy. By using Arnel's Originals Pancake Mix for the flour, you get a marvelously moist and hardy texture which makes the zucchini bread incredibly satisfying. This recipe makes two medium sized loaves which allows you to freeze one for another day. Note: You can easily make this bread savory without SUGAR, adding onions and/or garlic. 

One package of Arnel's Originals Pancake Mix
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
2 teaspoons xanthan gum

1 cup oil
3 cups grated zucchini or yellow squash
1/2 cup agave syrup
1/2 cup sugar
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Mix the forst 5 dry ingredients together and set aside
In another bowl, mix the next 6 ingredients and add to the dry.

*add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts if you'd like

Pour half the mixture into two oiled or sprayed medium sized loaf pans and bake 350ยบ for one hour or until toothpick comes out clean.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this recipe. I purchased the mix through Azure Standard. As soon as I got the package, I tried out the recipe. My kids wanted chocolate chip zucchini bread, so I left out the cinnamon and nutmeg. Also, when I went to the cupboard for oil, I realized I only had coconut oil, which makes it difficult to blend. Even with these changes, the bread was delicious. Cant wait to play with the recipe again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we use other mixes to make this? All I have is your All purpose mix.

    ReplyDelete